When to refer patients
Referring patients is easy.
Many primary care physicians say the shortage of dermatologists impacts their ability to provide timely, high-quality care to their patients with skin problems. DirectDerm offers 24/7/365 access to U.S. board-certified dermatologists, with a diagnosis and treatment plan returned within 48 hours of initial contact, often less than 24. DirectDerm’s service has been likened to having a dermatologist on-site, giving primary care providers an extra level of confidence, support and continuity of care.
DirectDerm gives you 24/7/365 access to U.S. board-certified dermatologists. Contact us:
- Whenever you would like a dermatologist’s opinion on a diagnosis or treatment choice for a patient’s skin condition.
- When a condition or lesion needs to be evaluated sooner rather than later.
- When the shortage of dermatologists extends wait times in your area to weeks or months.
- If a patient needs a dermatology consult before one would be available.
- If location or circumstances (such as young children in the home, remote location or weather conditions) make it difficult for a patient to travel to a dermatologist.
- If you would like to establish a two-way dialogue with dermatology specialists. Primary care physicians often say they feel ill-equipped to deal with many skin issues. We’re here to help with individual cases and to provide educational support.
To learn more or join DirectDerm as a referring provider, please contact us. One of our representatives will be in touch soon to provide more detailed information.
View a list of conditions we often diagnose and treat.
"DirectDerm has been instrumental in life-saving consults that we were able to attain in the hospital, which is unheard of... "
David Eibling, MD
Regional Medical Director