When to refer patients
Many primary care physicians say the shortage of dermatologists impacts their ability to provide timely, high-quality care to their patients with skin problems. DirectDerm offers 24/7/365 access to U.S. board-certified dermatologists, with a diagnosis and treatment plan returned within 48 hours of initial contact, often less than 24. DirectDerm’s service has been likened to having a dermatologist on-site, giving primary care providers an extra level of confidence, support and continuity of care.
- Whenever you would like a dermatologist’s opinion on a diagnosis or treatment choice for a patient’s skin condition.
- When a condition or lesion needs to be evaluated sooner rather than later.
- When the shortage of dermatologists extends wait times in your area to weeks or months.
- If a patient needs a dermatology consult before one would be available.
- If location or circumstances (such as young children in the home, remote location or weather conditions) make it difficult for a patient to travel to a dermatologist.
- If you would like to establish a two-way dialogue with dermatology specialists. Primary care physicians often say they feel ill-equipped to deal with many skin issues. We’re here to help with individual cases and to provide educational support.
To learn more or join DirectDerm as a referring provider, please contact us. One of our representatives will be in touch soon to provide more detailed information.
What other providers are saying.
See how easy referring can be.
See frequently asked questions.
View a list of conditions we often diagnose and treat.
“DirectDerm has been instrumental in life-saving consults that we were able to attain in the hospital, which is unheard of…”
David Eibling, MD
Regional Medical Director