Quality of Care
Are photographs of my patient’s skin condition sufficient for the dermatologist?
DirectDerm’s highly experienced board-certified dermatologists have treated thousands of patients and all types of skin conditions with very high accuracy using teledermatology. In the unusual cases that our dermatologists find that the photographs are insufficient, we may request you take and send additional photographs or facilitate a dermatologist appointment in person.
How qualified are DirectDerm doctors?
All of our dermatologists are U.S. board-certified and have been trained at the top medical institutions in the United States, such as Stanford and Harvard. Many remain involved in research and teaching at these institutions. Click on this link to learn more about our dermatologists.
Does DirectDerm have pediatric specialists?
Yes. Several of our dermatologists focus on the special needs of newborns, infants, children and teens, and are board-certified in pediatric dermatology.
What if my patient needs a biopsy, or a serious skin condition is diagnosed?
If you perform skin procedures in your office, we will provide information and guidance. Alternatively, we will assist you in scheduling a high-priority appointment for your patient in one of our dermatologists’ clinics or with another dermatologist in your area.
How quickly will I get a response from the DirectDerm dermatologist?
Within 48 hours, usually less, we will notify you by email that your report is ready for viewing on your secure online account.
After receiving the initial report, will I be able to discuss the case with DirectDerm?
Yes, we provide a secure online messaging system for follow-up questions. You also can contact us by phone. We believe that an open, two-way dialogue improves patient care, and technology can remove barriers that have traditionally limited communication between primary care providers and specialists.
Our Medical Service
When should I use your service?
- Whenever you need a second opinion on a diagnosis or treatment choice for a patient’s skin condition.
- When a condition or lesion needs to be evaluated sooner rather than later.
- If you’d like to provide one-stop convenience for your patients who need dermatology care.
- When the shortage of dermatologists means wait times in your area are weeks or months.
- When weather conditions, remote location, young children in the home or other conditions make it difficult for a patient to travel for care.
- When your patient can’t take time off work or school.
- If you’d like to establish an open dialogue with a dermatologist. Many primary care physicians say they appreciate opportunities to learn more and provide a higher level of care for their patients.
Why should I use DirectDerm?
- No need to wait weeks or months for a second opinion. DirectDerm gives you and your patients 24/7 access to a U.S. board-certified dermatologist.
- Diagnosis and treatment recommendations are returned in 48 hours, usually less.
- You will be able to provide one-stop dermatology care for most of your patients.
- For patients who need biopsies or immediate care, we will work with you to arrange for expedited local follow-up.
- DirectDerm dermatologists are available online or by phone for consultation and guidance when needed.
- Using DirectDerm is easy and convenient for you and your patients. It’s also affordable, and usually covered by insurance.
Will my patient’s health information be kept confidential?
Will my patient’s photographs be kept private?
View a list of conditions we often diagnose and treat.
To learn more or join DirectDerm as a referring provider or partner, please contact us. One of our representatives will be in touch soon to provide more detailed information.
"I was very excited to offer this kind of service to my patient population who are in dire need of access to this specialty care."
Erwin Boco, MD
Family Medicine Physician
Apex Medical Group